Welcome to High Point Country Club, centrally located in Naples, Florida, composed of 473 condominium units, six pools and a 3-par executive golf course. Additional amenities include an exercise room and tennis courts.
High Point Country Club is in central Naples close to the sun drenched beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. Naples is known for world class shopping, dining and abundant entertainment. It is also only steps away from earthly heavens of island seclusion, and from the untamed tropical wilderness of The Everglades.
Boasting one of the nation’s best sandboxes and calmest seas, Naples makes a splash with water lovers. Friendly parks beckon sports enthusiasts and picnickers with lovely green spaces and recreational facilities. Naples is located on the Gulf of Mexico in Southwest Florida. Living at High Point Country Club is often referred to by the residents as “ being in Paradise” .
Fifth Avenue South, which is only a ten minute ride away from High Point Country Club, is Naple’s Main Street. It’s filled with businesses ranging from fashion boutique shops, gourmet restaurants, cafes, coffee and ice cream shops, delicatessens, European and American antique stores, traditional and contemporary art galleries, gift stores, jewelers, home furnishing and design showrooms, beauty salons, and hotels.
Naples has become a popular location for visitors and residents alike to stroll along the freshly landscaped promenades and enjoy sidewalk dining. Here’s where you’ll find that the aura of small-town friendliness and historical landmarks amid the sophisticated boutiques, neighborhood shops and colorful buildings of downtown Naples.
Naples was founded during the late 1880s by former Confederate general and Kentucky U.S. Senator John Stuart Williams and his partner, Louisville businessman Walter N. Haldeman, the publisher of the Louisville Courier-Journal. Throughout the 1870s and ’80s, magazine and newspaper stories telling of the area’s mild climate and abundant fish and game likened it to the sunny Italian peninsula.
The name Naples caught on when promoters described the bay as “surpassing the bay in Naples, Italy”. Major development was anticipated after the railroad reached Naples on January 7, 1927 and the Tamiami Trail linking Naples to Miami was completed in 1928; but did not begin until after the Great Depression and World War II. During the war the Army Air Force built a small air field and used it for training purposes; it is now the Naples Municipal Airport.
Fill was required to repair damage from a 1945 hurricane. A local dredging company, Forrest Walker & Sons, created a lake north of 16th Ave S, between Gordon Drive and Gulf Shore Blvd. In 1949 Forrest Walker asked Mr. Rust to sell him the 296 acres from Jamaica Channel to today’s 14th Ave. S. The Jamaica Channel was widened, one canal was dredged, and 14th Ave S was created by March 1950 and a new subdivision was named “Aqualane Shores” at the opening party that same year.
Additional channels were eventually added to the south of 14th Ave S and are named alphabetically for local water birds. The first channel south of 14th Ave S is Anhinga Channel, then Bittern Channel is south of 15th Ave S, Crane Channel is south of 16th Ave S, Duck Channel is south of 17th Ave S, and Egret Channel is north of 21st Ave S. From the channels there are Coves named: Flamingo, Gull, Heron, Ibis, as well as the original Aqua Cove.
These Initial channels, canals, and coves were dredged and bulldozed from the mangrove swamps. Where shallow rock precluded digging, land was filled to create lots with navigable water.
Aqualane Shores Association was incorporated as a non-profit corporation on February 3, 1966. It served lot owners in the area roughly bounded by the Bay of Naples to the east, and Gordon Dr to the west, and the land between 14th Ave S and 21st Ave S, as well as Marina Drive, Forrest Lane and Southwinds Drive.
Thirty years later, in 1996, a state mandated city master plan renamed the area to The Aqualane Shores Neighborhood and extended it’s boundary west to the Gulf of Mexico, east to the Bay of Naples, and the area from 14th Ave S and all the way south to Jamaica Channel. The numerous canals and waterfront homes add a distinctive feature to the south portion of Naples and provide access to the Gulf of Mexico for many homeowners.